Frequent Asked Questions
- What benefits do you offer?
- View our Benefits.
- Do you provide employee housing?
- Employee housing may be provided for select positions in locations where local housing is not readily available, or could be practically arranged.
- Do you offer compensation for relocation?
- We offer relocation compensation for select positions and locations.
- How do I find out about college recruiting events?
- View our "Recruitment calendar".
- What is a typical career progression path?
- Numerous Four Seasons employees have made stellar achievements in their careers. In "Career progression", they share their experiences with us.
- How quickly can I apply for a promotion?
- Employees may apply for a transfer or promotion within their own hotel or resort after 6 months, and within our Corporate Office after 12 months. Employees may apply for transfer or promotion to another Four Seasons hotel or resort after 12 months.
- Is it possible to relocate?
- After 12 months' service and subject to immigration requirements, we support and encourage our employees to gain experience by working in different locations.
- Why conduct an internship with Four Seasons?
- We believe that internships are a valuable part of education, and support educational establishments and students by offering internship experiences worldwide. By conducting an internship with Four Seasons, students not only experience our culture and learn our service philosophy, they also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and be exposed to various aspects of the hotel environment.
- What types of internships do you offer?
- The types of internship vary between hotels and resorts, but generally, Four Seasons internships are offered in the following areas:
Operations – Food and Beverage, Rooms
Non-operations – Human Resources, Finance, Catering, Sales and Marketing
Specialised – Culinary, Spa, Golf
- What are the durations for internships?
- Four Seasons Internships are offered in 3-month, 6-month and 12-month durations. Each hotel or resort allows an intern to specialise in a division or department for an agreed period of time, with cross-exposure to other departments on a regular basis. The duration of internships may vary from location to location.
- What type of work will I be doing?
- Every intern is given training and support to be able to conduct work comparable to that of a Four Seasons employee. We understand that our interns will be looking for work that is interesting and meaningful, and we do our best to give them extra responsibilities and projects to ensure that their time spent with us is fulfilling.
- Will I receive remuneration for my internship?
- Housing, salaries and benefits vary from location to location and will be discussed during the interview process.
- How can I apply for an internship?
- Contact the Human Resources department of the hotel or resort of your choice for internship opportunities. View "Recruitment contacts".
- What is the recruitment process for internships?
- Every applicant will participate in a two-stage telephone or, preferably, face-to-face interview. The interviews are behavioural, where the applicant is asked to demonstrate and provide examples of their past experiences.
- How do I locate the job description for a position?
- Please view "Hotel divisions" for an overview of departments and positions at Four Seasons hotels and resorts and "Corporate departments" for descriptions of departmental functions in our Toronto Corporate Office. Detailed job descriptions are available when you search and view specific jobs online, or directly from individual hotels or resorts. Search for jobs.
- How can I learn more about Four Seasons destinations?
- Information on Four Seasons destinations is available by selecting the location name in the "Four Seasons destinations" page.
Manager In Training programmes
- Do you offer Manager In Training programmes?
- We offer a 3-month "Branches" Manager In Training programme and a 12-month "Roots" Manager In Training programme.
- How can I apply for a Manager In Training position?
- We visit a number of schools and colleges worldwide to interview for our Manager Training programmes. View our "Recruitment calendar" for details of upcoming school visits.
Questions from educators
- Is it possible to organise a tour of a Four Seasons property for our students?
- We welcome students to tour our properties to gain exposure to guest and operational areas. Please contact the Human Resources Director of the Four Seasons hotel or resort closest to you for further discussions.
- Would a Four Seasons hotel be open to helping students with case studies or school projects? Examples of topics maybe: how new properties are planned and developed; how Four Seasons works with cultural differences amongst its employees; Four Seasons marketing strategies, etc.
- Four Seasons would be pleased to assist students with educational projects and assignments and to share industry knowledge whenever possible. Visit our Resources page to view articles and white papers. Alternatively, you can contact the Human Resources Director at a Four Seasons hotel or resort in your vicinity for further information.
- Is Four Seasons open to providing classroom materials for students’ use, such as recruitment brochures, company fact sheets, training manuals, marketing collateral, sales kits, etc?
- We are happy to provide recruitment brochures and marketing collateral for educators to give to students. Please contact the Human Resources Director of a Four Seasons hotel or resort in your vicinity for further information.
- Do you have programmes that provide work experience in a hotel for high school students?
- Short-term work opportunities for high school students are provided at the discretion of individual hotels and resorts. Please contact the Human Resources department of a Four Seasons hotel or resort in your vicinity for further information.
- What are the criteria and process for including a school in your recruitment list?
- We welcome the opportunity to work with educational establishments worldwide. Please contact the Human Resources Director of a Four Seasons hotel or resort in your vicinity for more information.
- Do you have any programmes for Faculty Internships?
- We believe that internships are important for both students and faculty members, and welcome applications from those interested in gaining exposure to Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. To apply for a Faculty Internship, please contact the Human Resources Director at the Four Seasons hotel or resort that is of interest to you.
- Does Four Seasons offer scholarships?
- Four Seasons partners with the following schools to offer scholarships or research opportunities:
Culinary Institute of America, USA
George Brown College, Canada
National Society of Minorities in Hospitality (industry partner), USA
Northern Arizona University, USA
Ryerson University, Canada
University of Denver, USA
University of Houston, USA
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA
- How do I apply for a scholarship?
- Information regarding Four Seasons scholarships can be obtained from the school’s Career Office.
Search and apply for jobs online
- How do I search for jobs that are currently available?
- You can quickly find all open positions in the "Search and apply for jobs" section, where you can browse locations and submit an application online.
- How will I know when a new opportunity becomes available?
- New positions are continuously being posted on our web site, so do check back frequently.
- Can I apply for more than one position at a time?
- Yes, you can apply for more than one position. Each individual position requires a separate online application.
- If there are no open positions that are suitable for me, can I still submit a résumé/CV to Four Seasons?
- At this time, we are only able to accept applications for posted positions.
- How will I know if you have received my application?
- At the completion of an online application, a message will appear to confirm that your application has been successfully received. You will also receive a confirmation email to the address provided. These notices confirm that your application has been received.
- Why was my application unsuccessful?
- We are fortunate to receive many applications for our available positions, and are only able to contact select applicants for further conversation. While it is not possible to give all applicants specific feedback regarding the reasons they were unsuccessful, the main reasons are:
1. Current skills and experience are not a match with the requirements of a role.
2. When shortlisting a number of applicants, there were stronger applicants for the role.
- How will I know if I have been successful in my application?
- We will contact you either by telephone or email, should we wish to pursue your application further.
- How long will my résumé/CV and application be kept on file?
- All résumé/CVs and applications will remain in our record as per local legal requirements, after which they will be purged.
- Can I apply in person?
- At this time, we are only able to accept applications online. Should you require accommodation to complete an online application please contact the local hotel to which you are applying.
- I submitted an application but realised that I had made a mistake. What can I do?
- Applications, once submitted, cannot be revised. Please contact the hotel that you had applied to; contact information is available in the "Contact us" section.
- The application form is not working. What do I do?
- Please verify the browser you are using. The online application form is only compatible with: IE9; latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
The recruitment process
- What are the steps of a typical Four Seasons recruitment process?
- We conduct four interviews for each position. Two of these interviews are behavioural, where you will be asked to demonstrate and provide examples of your past experiences.
- Are interviews conducted over the telephone or in person?
- We are happy to conduct interviews over the telephone. However, at least one of the four interviews will be in person with a representative of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
- How can I apply for a work permit?
- As work permit requirements and processes vary by location, we recommend that you contact the local government representative of the country of interest for more information.
- Will the company sponsor my work permit?
- Information regarding sponsored work permits will be provided during an interview, if applicable.