1. The ability to direct and control the activities of the Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Laundry/Valet, PBX, Valet Parking, Security and Health Club to ensure adherence to Four Seasons standards policies and procedures.
2. The ability to directly supervise the activities of the managers of the above mentioned departments on an on-going basis. Prepare and conduct performance evaluations in accordance with hotel policy and follow up and keep management informed on all progress of Rooms Division employees.
3. The ability to ensure that qualified personnel are selected, hired and trained in all areas of responsibility. Ensure personnel are well informed of all departmental objectives and policies.
4. The ability to review activities and conduct inspection tours in areas of responsibility to ensure desired standards of quality, cleanliness, service and controls are maintained. The ability to direct corrective action where required.
5. The ability to prepare annual plan and rationale for Rooms Division revenue and expenses: endeavor to maximize departmental profit and control costs. Contribute to the development of the hotel’s annual marketing plan, capitalizing on all areas to increase revenues and improve image.
6. The ability to ensure proper image is being maintained by all division employees with respect to grooming and uniform standards.
7. The ability to support and participate in all hotel programs, policies and procedures with special emphasis on the orientation of new employees.
8. The ability to display fair treatment with respect to disciplinary action and provide supportive documentation.
9. The ability to prepare all necessary forecasts; to work closely with Reservations, Front Office and Sales to maximize occupancy rate and revenue. Keep all departments notified of any fluctuations in business levels, special guests, groups etc.
10. The ability to establish and maintain close working relationships with all departments of the hotel and any retail tenants or concessions to ensure maximum cooperation, productivity, morale and guest service.
11. The ability to develop relationships with clients, return guests, group contacts etc. to provide maximum personalized guest service..
12. The ability to attend to guest comments verbally and written in order to ensure proper attention to follow up of all enquiries.
13. The ability to make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest satisfaction and revenues and reducing costs.
14. The ability to support Four Seasons’ philosophy towards employee development and morale and institute programs to ensure the effectiveness and promotion of this philosophy within the rooms division.
15. The ability to monitor and analyze the payroll for Rooms Division to ensure maximum effectiveness towards guest services while realizing full profit potential.
16. The ability to display a high degree of professionalism and integrity as befitting a member of management and the planning committee.
17. The ability to respond properly and take a supervisory role in hotel emergency or safety situation as well as ensure the proper control and instruction of said emergency procedures to the Rooms Division.
18. The ability to perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Hotel Manager or the Regional General Manager.